Monday, March 15, 2010

Bake Me a Bread Coffin

So I've gone a little overboard on the, um, breadbaking the past 6 weeks. Since my little kitchenaid showed up and I discovered the amazing things I could make with it!

I've gained about 5 pounds purely from loaf consumption - can't really pin it on anything else. Maverick has been eating it too, but he couldn't gain weight if he swallowed a brick of gold. He does feel like he could use a break too though...so we've declared the house a bread-free zone for the next couple of weeks. I'm already in withdrawal!

It's just so easy...and, comforty...and buttery...why have an apple when you can have toast? Why have a salad when you can have grilled cheese?

Haha, you see how it goes. We will make an Easter loaf but until then no bread!

It's a moon day so no ashtanga...I will be doing some stretches and working on LBH. I took a clip yesterday that was too absurd to post, but I think I can see what part of my problem is. I'm bringing my knee back, which is great, and stuffing everything back there - but my ankle isn't back nearly as far. Think I will try some pigeons with my knee at a right angle and shin parallel to front of mat, get my femur more rotated externally (if that makes sense). Then maybe some more karanda tries!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knee back but ankle not? How's your hamstring flexibility?

(am all curious now about what your LBH attempts look like)

KMB said...

Hi Patrick - If I were bringing the leg straight back (think compass pose) I can get knee behind shoulder no problem. but when i am rotating the thigh to get the calf back it is a whole other story, I get stuck after a certain amount of rotation and only part of my calf is back. I think it is still hips though.

I'm also tall and my legs are pretty long in relation to total height which might not help. (yeah yeah - no excuses!)

If i can take a better clip this weekend i will post!